Health & Social Care (HND)
Higher Nationals in Health and Social Care have been designed to:
– equip individuals with underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the health and social care sector at supervisory or management levels
– provide specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions in which learners are working or in which they intend to seek employment in the health and/or social care sector
– develop the ability of learners to contribute to the health and social care environment through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme
– develop skills and techniques, and personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment
– develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing circumstances, whether moving within their own area of employment, promotion to a supervisory or management position or general changes in the provision or environment of health and social care
– prepare individuals to progress to further professional development of higher-level skills through to future study or career advancement
– enable focused study in defined areas of the health and social care sector with specialist designed units.
Entry is open to persons of 18 years and over, who will have to sit through an interview to assess their suitability.
For speakers of English as a second language: IELTS 6.0 overall, level 6.0 in writing required.
Students’ work on the HNC/D course is assessed via a programme of continuous assessment. Assignments will vary in format and will include individual course work, group work and in-class activities.
Students who successfully complete 8 Higher National units will be a awarded the Higher National Certificate. Successful completion of 16 units will be lead to the award of a Higher National Diploma.
The HND in Health & Social Care will run on a full-time basis. Days and times to be confirmed.
A tuition fee of £2,500 per year will apply, however you will be eligible for a student tuition fee loan to cover this cost. You will only make repayments when you earn in excess of £21000 per year. Any outstanding balance remaining after 30 years will be written off.
On successful completion of the HND students will be eligible for entry into related final year top-up Bachelor degrees at many higher education institutions and universities in the UK.
Career within the health and social care sector such as nursing, midwifery, etc.